Sunday, February 18, 2018

Let's Celebrate The Illinois Bicentennial With A Brand New Collection!

This weekend as I was working on a President's Day project about Abraham Lincoln, I came across some very exciting news about Illinois where as you know, President Lincoln lived in Springfield with his family. 
This year Illinois is celebrating their states 200th Birthday. 

The Illinois Bicentennial will be celebrated all year long with so many different events, projects and activities.  The main campaign from the Governor of Illinois is called Born, Built and Grown.  This campaign honors the people, places and things that make the state so strong, kind and beautiful. 

As this event is celebrate in schools across Illinois and other schools and communities, I thought it would be exciting and helpful to bring together lots of resources, projects, books, PebbleGo articles and other awesome artifacts for this very special event. 
I created the Illinois Bicentennial Collection by Destiny that you can find here.  

Please feel free to share this with your students, teachers and others.  Let me know if you'd like to collaborate with me on this Collection too.

Happy Birthday Illinois. I am excited to learn even more about your amazing state this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment